Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Why am I blogging...?

In my short history of blogging, I have started (and stopped) three blogs. This is the fourth, and my hope is that it will at least last the winter.

I really have no business blogging as I usually have nothing of my own to say this is worth reading. I normally just steal what I think are brilliant thoughts from others and may comment on them if something strikes a particulary chord.

Honestly, nothing will be very much different on this blog either. So why am I blogging?

I follow many different blogs...some from friends, co-educators, pastors, and lonely people with nothing better to do with their time. However, until recently, I never understood how beneficial blogging could be for me, and for those that I work with on a daily and/or weekly basis: my students, collegues, church brethren, etc.

The following article inspired me to begin this process and, honestly, I am a little excited about it: http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/1156_6_reasons_pastors_should_blog/

A very good friend of mine and former colleague finally pushed me over the edge after reading about this article on his blog: http://jasonsaxonsmith.typepad.com/

The article was written to inspire pastors to begin blogging if they have not already. However, when I read the article, I began to see that many if not all of the points that were made were extremely relevant to me as a professional educator and coach.

I hope that you will stop by and contribute your thoughts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment